We have accepted the Master Plan for the building program, now what?
We need to properly staff the Building and Finance Committees. Here are some of the expectations and tasks these committee members will be responsible for.
Please look over these job descriptions, pray about it, and volunteer if you are interested and are excited about seeing this project to fruition!
Our next meeting will be next Monday, August 29 at 7pm!
Building Committee requirements:
· Good communication and listening skills, ability to be the liaison between the building process and other St. John's members.
· Understanding of project management, (not necessarily construction experience), but have the ability to understand all phases and processes needed to complete building project.
· First task will be research, evaluation and selection of the architect for the building project.
· Much of the task will be less about solving the specific problems of construction, but rather communication with others in the church so concerns / ideas are explored and information is shared.
· Require 1 to 2 year time commitment and 100% attendance at meetings
We are looking for 4 to 6 members to serve.
Finance committee requirements:
· Good communication and listening skills, ability to be the liaison between the finance / fund raising process and St. John's` members.
· Working knowledge of finance, accounting, or banking is a great plus.
· Task will include working with fund raising campaign, working with concerns of congregation as well as making sure building project stays on budget.
· Require 1 to 2 year time commitment, 100% attendance at meetings
We are looking for 2 to 4 members to serve.