DEVOTION: Note: Sometimes it's just good to read the Passion account. This is one of those days. Peace be with you all! See you tonight, tomorrow night and Sunday morning!!
Lord God bless us with peace and a solid faith in your goodness as we meditate and reflect on Your Passion for us these next two days, and as we await the resurrection of all flesh. Amen.
John 18-19 English Standard Version (ESV)
Betrayal and Arrest of Jesus
Jesus Faces Annas and Caiaphas
Peter Denies Jesus
The High Priest Questions Jesus
Peter Denies Jesus Again
Jesus Before Pilate
My Kingdom Is Not of This World
Jesus Delivered to Be Crucified
The Death of Jesus
Jesus' Side Is Pierced
Jesus Is Buried
Thurs- Maundy Thursday Worship 6:30
Fri- Good Friday Worship 6:30
Sat- Men's breakfast and Easter breakfast set up 8am; NO WORSHIP
Sun- Worship 6:30; Easter Breakfast 7:45; Egg Hunt 9; Worship 10
______________________________________________________________________WORSHIP WORKERS FOR THIS WEEK:
Acolyte- Thurs- Addie Hoelscher; Fri- Loren Howard; 6:30- Gus Klaustermeier 10- Savannah Masters???
Ushers- Thurs- Scott Heitgerd,, Jim Huster, Bob Linke, Tom Linke; Fri- Larry Schulze, Gary Schulze, Gary Scott, Dave Winter; 6:30- Allan Dreyer, Lew Feldkamp, Kent Jacobsmeyer, Paul Klover; 10- Brent Davis, Ben Hoelscher, Gary Hoelscher, George Hoelscher
Altar- Thurs- Set Up- Terry McKenzie, Clean Up-Lois Boeger; Fri- Set Up Terry McKenzie; Sun- Set Up- Ruth Walters, Clean Up- Terry McKenzie
Elders- Thurs- Dave Winter, 6:30- Roy Bohning, 10- Al Benton
Greeters- 6:30- Rich and Peggy Talbert; 10- Tom and Pam Linke
Lay Readers- 6:30- Allan Dreyer; 10- Derek Ebert
Organist- Rachel Fisher
Projectionists: 6:30- Terry McKenzie; 10- Dawn Sherman
Who was Michal? Michal was King Saul's daughter and also became the wife of David, although she later was known for her detesting of how David acted after a battle victory.
TODAY'S QUIZ: How many of the Gospel accounts have the account of the resurrection of Jesus?
STARTING SALARY FOR OUR CHURCH SECRETARY WILL BE $25,000 PLUS DISABILITY, RETIREMENT, AND HEALTH INSURANCE!
A review of job performance and budget will be done in October of this year and a raise may be given at that time. Get those resumes in!!
JOB OPENING FOR OUR CHURCH SECRETARY
Resumes are now being accepted. You can email them to pastor or bring them in to pastor at his office. Interviews will take place once all resumes are received. The name of the person that the interview committee chooses will be brought to the voter's assembly for approval on Sunday, May 21.
Please email resumes to me or bring them in to my office.
Below is the Job Description
Please note that a lot of the work requires proficiency in several different computer programs. Programs such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and several financial record keeping programs are used on a regular basis.
FULL TIME Church Office Administrator/Secretary Job Description
Purpose: To serve the church by providing administrative and secretarial services to the Pastor and various committees and board.
- Receive and screen incoming calls, taking clear messages and returning calls, if asked, of the Pastor. Many times it just requires a "compassionate listener" for members calling that just want to talk. Many use the church office as a place to get information on other members who are ill or moved or for telephone numbers.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date calendar of church activities and meetings.
a. Co-ordinate all activities between church basement rentals (collecting fees with Trustee guidelines) meetings, activities, keep cleaning service informed if cleaning time interferes.
b. Co-ordinate between Pre-school activities and church activities
- Prepare weekly bulletins, monthly newsletters, various agendas for church council, elders, voters meetings etc, and make necessary copies.
- Maintain communication with shut-in members. Mail weekly bulletins, "HomeTouch" devotion and activity sheets weekly. Mail monthly newsletters.
- Pick up, sort and open mail, direct to appropriate persons in congregation, draft responses as required. Insure outgoing mail is mailed daily.
a. Newsletters and other bulk mail is taken to post office and packaged according to postal regulations.
b. Make sure money is kept on deposit at the post office to cover mailings and returned mail.
- Maintain up to date and organized files and records as required.
a. Such as membership information – mail personal letters to new members
b. Mail letters to Memorial donors
c. General bookkeeping for the congregation ie: co-ordinate with Financial Secretary each week to insure funds placed in proper accounts, make sure all bills are accurate and paid promptly, payroll for employees (church staff, Little Lambs) pay federal & state taxes & file tax forms, keep up to date with Concordia Plan Services on changes. File the employees Concordia Plan Retirement Fund.
d. Financial reports for congregation
e. Maintain records of Little Lambs expenses, paid by congregation, for monthly bill
f. Make out W-2 & 1099 forms and file by January 31.
- Keep in touch with the Trustees regarding items needing immediate attention.
- Keep Pastor informed of members with health issues so that contact can be made.
- Maintain current birthday and anniversary list for the Elders. Advise elders of new members, attendance issues, and other things necessary regarding the members in each Elder's group.
- Co-ordinate and order Altar flowers, making sure flowers are paid from the members.
- Enter attendance records weekly.
- Secure volunteer help when needed, bulletins, newsletters & other projects. Keep list of those that want to volunteer.
- Prepare monthly schedules for Greeters, Lay Readers, Acolytes, and yearly usher schedule.
- Weekly Power Point for church news before service begins.
- Work with Pastor and other church committees and boards as necessary in developing new ideas or special projects and in carrying out the ministry of the church.
- Keep informed on openings in Preschool to inform parents that call wanting information on Little Lambs – take enrollment forms and fees, especially during summer months.
- Keep office equipment in working order – order all office supplies – Altar Guild supplies – order items for boards Sunday School & Little Lambs when needed.
- Attend Council and Voters meetings.
- ShopwScrip ordering
- Maintain confidentiality of all formal and informal communications you may read, have or may overhear unless specifically permitted to share with others.
- Manage and update church website and all social media on a weekly basis
- Prepare Powerpoint for worship when volunteer is unavailable.
- Church membership is not required, but if he or she is a member, he or she must be faithful in worship attendance and in stewardship of time, talents, and treasures.
- He or she should attend Stephen Ministry training as soon as it is offered.
- Cooperate with pastor and others to do other nonspecific duties as needed
- Have the same attitude as Christ- that is-take on the form of a servant in the performance of your duties at St. John's.
LOSING TO GAIN UPDATE Down 9 pounds since April 3.
Between Monday, April 3 and Friday, September 1, I plan on losing as much weight as possible and as is healthy for me to lose. My goal, the Lord willing, is 100lbs. which averages out to about 2/3 of a pound a day.
I would like all of you to consider sponsoring me with a pledge of money per pound. It can be $100, $10, $1, .50, or whatever per pound. The amount is up to you.
You will also have your choice of three different causes to donate to.
Lead a Child-- An organization that raises money for Lutheran churches and schools in third world countries so that kids can go to school, get a quality education, and learn about Jesus. (Go to www.leadachild.org to learn more)
Warren County Literacy Inc.--- Helping children achieve and grow in literacy in Warren County. Our main emphasis is the bookcase project in which bookcases and books are donated to between 60-80 children from the Youth In Need and Headstart programs in Warren County. We also have several "Little Free Libraries" around the county. (Check it out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Warren-County-Literacy-Inc-1763714847229903/?ref=bookmarks or http://www.warrencountybookcaseproject.org/
Warren County Pregnancy Option Center--- This will be a place where expectant mothers and fathers can go and get counseling, coaching and referrals to medical services they need so that they can keep their child or give it up for adoption. Our first annual banquet is Thursday, April 20 at 7pm at Holy Rosary, and I still need two people to fill the table. More info will be coming soon about a Facebook page and websites.
Please reply to this email if you'd like to pledge, and I will record it for you!
I started out at 336lbs on Monday, and I am down to 332 as of yesterday afternoon. Please pray for me and for this endeavor! Keep me accountable!
BIBLE STUDY AT HENDERSHOTS CANCELED FOR APRIL 21
Due to confirmation questioning being the same evening and the LWML Zone Rally the next day, the Hendershots are going to cancel their monthly Bible study and fellowship. It will resume on Friday, May 19!
MEN'S BREAKFAST IS SATURDAY, APRIL 15!!
Come and join us for breakfast and devotions, and then stay to help set up for Easter breakfast!!
We'll have biscuits and gravy, sausage, and egg bake!!
As we do every year, we place lilies on and around the altar for Easter. You can donate one in memory or in honor of someone. Price is $14.50 each! You can take it home after the 10am service on Easter Day. If you pay for it with a check that you put in the offering plate, please mark it "Easter Lilly" in the memo line. Let's fill up the chancel with lilies this year!!!
LITTLE LAMBS ENROLLMENT FOR THE 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR IS OPEN!!!!
Student must be 3 for younger class or 4 for older class by August 1.
$45 nonrefundable registration fee required.
Registration packets can be picked up at Little Lambs during school hours and in the church office during non-school hours.
OPERATION BACKPACK ITEMS COLLECTED FOR THE MONTH OF APRIL IS
Soup and Ramen Noodles. Place them in the receptacle marked "Backpack Blessings" in the narthex.
AGAPE DONATIONS ALWAYS ACCEPTED!!
Any nonperishable food items, diapers, toiletries, etc.!!
Perishable food items can be taken directly to Agape at 713 Powell St. in Warrenton. Call 456-4645 to find out when they're open or for more info.
YOUR KROGER CARD CAN EARN MONEY FOR LITTLE LAMBS
For St. John's as we begin the search for a secretary to replace Marilyn.
For PAT KING, as she is recovering from knee replacement surgery at home.
For MARILYN FOSTER as she prepares for her retirement.
For both RANDY AND PATTY SWEET'S MOTHERS, Virginia, Patty's mom, has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. Rose, Randy's mom, had a bad seizure two months ago, and although she is walking and talking fine, the seizure caused some dementia.
For DANIELLE MEINE KRAMER, whose leukemia is back after a brief respite from it. She had it for several years while in high school. (She grew up riding Karin's school bus to school.)
For Mim Dunn's nephew DAVID HAHN who is dealing with severe throat cancer.
For LOIS BOEGER'S MOM, EVELYN TOEDEBUSCH, who has been on hospice care for the last few months and slows down a little more every day, but is doing well.