DEVOTION: Psalm 85 English Standard Version (ESV)
Revive Us Again
To the choirmaster. A Psalm of the Sons of Korah.
Mon- Scrip orders due, Confirmation 5-6:15
Tues- Board of outreach 8am; Quilting 9-2
Wed- Ladies Aid Christmas party at Denny's noon; Supper 5:30; Worship 6:30; Choir 7:15
Thurs- Alzheimer's Support group; Confirmation make up 6; No karate
Fri- Sunday school Christmas program practice 5:30-8
Sat- Basement reserved 4-8pm; Worship- 5pm
Sun- Worship 8:30 and 11; Adult Bible class and Sunday school 9:45; Stephen Ministry 9:45; Choir practice 9:45; Elders noon; Little Lambs Christmas program 1 and 3
Acolyte- Wed- Cierra Figura; 8:30- Addie Hoelscher; 11- Loren Howard
Ushers- Wed- Alan Hofeldt, Tim Linke, Rich Talbert, Don Turnure; Sun- Bob Linke, Tom Linke, ????, ????
Altar- Wed candles- Don Hance; Sun, Set up- Jodi Baldwin Clean Up- McKenzie
Elder- Sat- Randy Fischer; 8:30- Don Turnure; 11- Steve Robine
Greeters- 8:30- Dave and Hope Tinnin; 11- Marv and Molly Hendershot
Lay Reader- Sat- Sandra Perricone; 8:30- Erv Yoder; 11- Karen Benton
Pianist Sat- Kathy Barrow
Organist- Ned Quest
Projectionist- Sat- Perricone; 8:30- McKenzie; 11- Dulci Rahn
YESTERDAY'S QUIZ: Who was Apollos? (I'll leave this up another day as no one answered it yet.)
SCRIP ORDERS ARE DUE TODAY!
Get all those Christmas gift cards bought and help out your church at the same time!! Get order forms on the counter in the narthex, or from the church office!
OUR FIRST ADVENT DINNER WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY AT 5:30! EVERYONE IS INVITED!!!
All in elder groups 1-3 are responsible for bringing either a side dish or salad and a dessert! Fried chicken will be the main course for all three meals! Worship will begin at 6:30! We'll hear different voices proclaim the coming of Jesus! Zechariah (The Benedictus), Gabriel (the announcement to Mary), and Mary (the Magnificat) will proclaim the birth long foretold!
LADIES AID CHRISTMAS PARTY WILL BE AT DENNY'S ON WEDNESDAY AT NOON!
Please sign up on the sign up sheet on the counter in the narthex or call Terry to rsvp!
SUNDAY SCHOOL CHRISTMAS PROGRAM SPECIAL PRACTICES ON THE FOLLOWING DATES:
Friday, Dec. 8 5:30-8pm
Sat, Dec. 16, 9-Noon
All parents and kids should plan on being there for these practices! VERY IMPORTANT STUFF!
THE PROGRAM WILL BE ON WEDNESDAY, DEC. 20 at 6:30 during our regular midweek Advent service!!
If you would like your children to be in the program, they need to be at Sunday school!
SIGN UP SHEET TO BUY A POINSETTIA FOR CHRISTMAS EVE AND DAY IS ON THE COUNTER IN THE NARTHEX! COST IS $13.50
It is a wonderful way to honor the memory of someone or just someone you love!
LITTLE LAMBS IS SELLING CANDY BARS AND COULD USE YOUR HELP!
If you'd like to help sell a box or two of candy bars as a fundraiser for Little Lambs preschool. Let Terry or one of the preschool ladies know. They'll hook you up right quick!
VOTER'S MEETING RESULTS FROM LAST SUNDAY
- The voters nominated President Lee Hagan for district president and VP Ron Rall for another term.
- The voters voted to keep the same mission project, Rev.. Micah and Dorothy Glenn in North County, for 2018.
- Larry Schulze, Jim McRae, and Teresa Brockfeld all volunteered to be on the board of trustees! Thank you to these three volunteers!
- We are still in need of two board members for the board of education, and four members for the board of elders.
- The voters approved the budget for 2018. Thanks to Alan Hofeldt for putting it together.
- Since we continuously have trouble filling our boards and committees and since things could be done a whole lot better and more efficiently with a different structure, the voters approved the appointing of a task force to study changes to our governance structure so that we can tap into all the unused potential, so that people who want to do good in the congregation don't have to commit to boards and committees for 9 years, and so that the work of the church can be disbursed among those who actually want to do it! PRAISE THE LORD!!
- The voters approved changing the overflow accordion door to a permanent wall with doors and windows in it to convert the overflow to a cry room.
- The voter's also approved a budget of $450,000 for our building project so that we can move forward with hiring an architect.
As you can see, a lot is getting done in and around St. John's. It may be slow going at times, but God is definitely moving! I'm excited to see what God has in store for 2018!! It's gonna be a great year watching A LOT of people come to Christ and become members of St. John's! If you'd like to volunteer for our task force to look into structure changes, please reply to this email. Please look for lots of wonderful stuff to be happening in the near future, and PRAY, PRAY, PRAY for St. John's that we can grow in making disciples in, out and together!!
SUNDAY SCHOOL MEMORY VERSE IS: "Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord!
DO YOU HAVE A THRIVENT FINANCIAL ACCOUNT OR POLICY?
OPERATION BACKPACK DONATIONS FOR THE MONTH OF NOVEMBER IS INDIVIDUALLY WRAPPED SNACKS AND PACKETS OF OATMEAL.
For RON HEITGERD, son of Donna Heitgerd, who is hospitalized after a fall, but is also dealing with many other health issues.
THANKSGIVING for the birth of a grandson to the Burmeisters. He was born three weeks early so is spending a few days in the NICU, but is doing well.
For our CHURCH, as we begin to make some big changes to both our governance structure and our building, and as we move forward to make disciples of all nations.
For JENNIFER RAHN, who is recovering from heart valve replacement surgery at home.
For LINDA CALLIES, who is recovering from infection at home.
For GEORGE HOELSCHER, BUCK HAMPTON, DENISE HOOKER (betty Tameler's daughter) as they continue to deal with cancer.
PRAYERS FOR OUR MILITARY PERSONNEL:
For COLTON FIGURA deployed to Turkey, SAM HARGROVE deployed in Kuwait and DAN DREYER deployed to Kandahar, Afghanistan, that the Lord would keep them safe from harm during their service and bring them home safely.
For DAVID TATE stationed in Japan, and ALEX WALTERS, stationed in Tennessee. That God would bless their service to our country and keep them safe as they all await possible deployment.
For CALEB FIGURA AND VINCE MASTERS who are both serving our country in the National Guard and take time out of their lives, jobs, and families to go on duty several times a year.